COVID-19: Coping with the “new normal”
More Resources for Parents and Children
There are many challenges associated with the adjustment to the new normal brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic and all the new social distancing measures. We wanted to share some resources to help you and your children try to get through the long days.
If you are concerned that you may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of, COVID-19 please contact Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 or your local public health unit.
Kid’s Help Phone number is 1-800-668-6868.
Helping Families Cope with School Cancellation
- American Academy of Pediatrics Parenting Website
- Khan Academy
- The American Academy of Pediatrics COVID-19 Information Page
- How to talk to children in difficult times
- Learning at home and creating structure for children with ADHD
- TVO Kids
- PBS Kids
- Learn at home- Ministry of Education- Ontario
- Positive Parenting and COVID-19
- Working and Learning from Home
Addressing Childhood Anxiety and Mental Health Concerns