Flu Shot Clinic October 31
Flu shots are in!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are working hard to deliver flu shots as safely and efficiently as possible. We appreciate your patience. Please read through carefully.
A few general points about the Flu shot:
- Flu shots can be given to anyone over 6 months of age.
- The nasal spray is not offered by public health this year.
- All children under 9 years of age receiving the flu shot for the first time must receive 2 doses, at least 4 weeks apart.
For more information about the Flu shot, click here.
1. Flu shots are by appointment only. There will be no walk-ins.
2. We can only offer Flu shots to registered patients (18 year of age and younger) from Midtown Pediatrics.
3. New this year, we will be using self-booking to schedule your flu shot. Please read carefully to learn how to schedule your child(ren)’s Flu shots.
4. Please book a separate appointment for each child who needs a Flu shot.
5. Please bookonly one appointment per child.
6. At this time, we are only opening self-booking for our first clinic, Sunday Oct 31.
- When you enter the booking link, you will see that there are multiple schedules to choose from (ex. Flu Shot Clinic 1, Flu Shot Clinic 2, Flu shot Clinic 3, etc.) These are all completely interchangeable and all take place on the same day.
- The schedule and available appointments are dynamic. As clinics fill, they will close.
- New clinics will open as we receive more vaccines from public health. If you try to book an appointment and you discover that everything is full, try again a few days later as more clinics will open (and close) over the coming weeks. As more vaccines arrive, more clinic schedules will open.
7. Please click the link at the end of this post to book your Flu Shot Clinic appointment(s).
8. If you book an appointment and then cannot attend, please be sure to go back to your confirmation email and cancel your appointment.
Midtown Pediatrics Flu Shot Clinic protocol
On the morning of your Flu Shot Clinic, you will receive an email with a link to fill out an online COVID-19 screen. Please fill out one screen for each appointment. For example, if you have 3 children getting the Flu shot, then 3 screens must be completed, one for each patient/appointment. THE COVID SCREENING FORM MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOU PRESENT TO THE FLU SHOT CLINIC.
For safety and efficiency, the Flu Shot Clinics will run on a very tight schedule.
- If you have symptoms of COVID, please stay home and reschedule your appointment(s). Please remember to cancel your appointment(s) if you are will not be attending.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes early for your appointment. Late-comers will have to be rescheduled.
- We request that there be no more than one adult per child attending the clinic.
- Masks are required for everyone aged 2 years and over entering the clinic.
- When you arrive, you will be greeted at the clinic entrance. Once you are registered, you will be directed to a room. If there are many people waiting to register, please be patient and wait in our socially distant line up or return downstairs and wait outside.
- Please sanitize hands upon entry to the clinic.
- Families will exit through a different door after their Flu shots.
Other options for Flu Shots
If our clinics are not convenient for you, please note that Toronto Public Health will also be offering Flu shots. Click here for more information.
For children 2 years and older and for parents, Flu shots are also available in pharmacies. Check with individual pharmacies for more information.