Flu Shot Clinic scheduling and clinic procedures
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are working particularly hard this year to deliver flu shots as safely and efficiently as possible. We appreciate your patience. Please read through carefully.
A few general points about the flu shot:
- Flu shots can be given to anyone over 6 months of age.
- The nasal spray is not available in our clinic this year.
- All children under 9 years of age receiving the flu shot for the first time must receive 2 doses, 1 month apart.
1. Flu Shot Clinics this year will be by appointment only. There will be no walk-ins. We must make sure we have enough for all the patients attending.
2. We can only offer flu shots to registered patients from Midtown Pediatrics.
3. We have a dedicated email address just for scheduling flu shots.To add your children to the Flu Shot Clinic list, please send only one email to [email protected].
- In your email, please include the names and ages of all the children you will be bringing to the Flu Shot Clinic.
- You will receive and email with an appointment time. Please be patient. You will hear from us as soon as we have your appointment time. If a clinic fills up, the remaining families on the list will be kept in priority sequence for our next clinics.
- If you are unable to make your assigned appointment time, please let us know so that we can offer the spot to another family.
- If you did not receive an appointment time, please be patient and do not send multiple emails. More than one email from a family slows the whole process down. Please do not ask us to confirm the receipt of your email. Due to the extremely high volume of emails, we are unable to respond to any, with the exception of the email you will receive with your appointment time.
4. For safety and efficiency, the Flu Shot Clinics will run on a very tight schedule.
- If you have symptoms of COVID, please stay home and reschedule your appointment.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your appointment. Late-comers will have to be rescheduled.
- We request that there be no more than one adult per child attending the clinic.
- When you arrive, please wait outside or in your car. Everyone will be screened for COVID by a physician before coming up to the clinic. Please call the office 416-489-3273 upon your arrival. If the line is busy or you get our voicemail, please try again. Do not leave a message. We will not be checking messages during the clinic. No one will be permitted to enter the clinic without being screened.
- Once you are screened, the doctor will let you know when you can come upstairs and you will be directed to one of the examining rooms.
- Masks are required for everyone aged 2 and over entering the clinic.
- Please sanitize hands upon entry to the clinic.
- Families will exit through a different door after their flu shots.
- Rooms will be cleaned between patients.
5. If our clinics are not convenient for you, please note that Toronto Public Health will also be offering flu shots. Click here for more information.
6. For children 5 years and older and parents, flu shots are also available in pharmacies.