Flu Shot Clinics
Flu shots are in!
A few general points about the Flu shot:
- Flu shots can be given to anyone over 6 months of age.
- The nasal spray is not offered by public health this year.
- All children under 9 years of age receiving the flu shot for the first time must receive 2 doses, at least 4 weeks apart.
- There is no waiting period between Flu and COVID vaccines.
For more information about the Flu shot, click here.
1. Flu shots are by appointment only. There will be no walk-ins.
2. We can only offer Flu shots to registered patients (18 years of age and younger) from Midtown Pediatrics.
3. We will be using self-booking again this year to schedule your flu shot. Please read carefully to learn how to schedule your child(ren)’s Flu shots.
4. Please book a separate appointment for each child who needs a Flu shot.
5. Please book only one appointment per child.
6. . Please click the link at the bottom to book your Flu Shot Clinic appointment(s).
7. If you book an appointment and then cannot attend, please be sure to go back to your confirmation email and cancel your appointment.
8.If your child is already booked for an in person appointment in the coming weeks, they can receive their flu shot at that time. There is no need to book an additional appointment for a flu shot.
At this time, Flu Shot Clinics will be held on the following dates (supply permitting):
- Tuesday Oct. 10, 4-5 PM
- Wednesday Oct. 11, 3-5 PM
- Thursday Oct. 12, 3-5 PM
- Monday Oct. 16, 3-5
- Tuesday Oct. 17, 3-5 PM
- Wednesday Oct. 18, 3-5 PM
- Thursday Oct. 19, 3-5 PM
- Friday Oct. 20, 3-4:30 PM
- Monday Oct. 23, 3-5
- Tuesday Oct. 24, 3-5 PM
- Wednesday Oct. 25, 3-5 PM
- Thursday Oct. 26, 3-5 PM
- Monday Oct. 30, 3-5 PM
- Tuesday Oct. 31, 1-4 PM
- Wednesday Nov. 1, 3-5 PM
- Thursday Nov. 2, 3-5 PM
- Friday Nov. 3, 3-5 PM
Midtown Pediatrics Flu Shot Clinic protocol
- If you or your child is sick on the day of the appointment, please stay home and reschedule your appointment(s). Please remember to cancel your appointment(s) if you will not be attending.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes early for your appointment. Late-comers will have to be rescheduled.
- Masks are required for everyone aged 2 years and over entering the clinic.
- When you arrive on the 4th floor, you do not need to register at the front desk. Please head to the door marked Flu Clinic. You may need to line up in the hallway.
Other options for Flu Shots
If our clinics are not convenient for you, Flu shots are also available in pharmacies for children 2 years and older and for parents.
Check with individual pharmacies for more information.
Latest COVID-19 vaccine guidance from the Ministry of Health
The ministry recommends a dose of the new COVID-19 mRNA vaccine (XBB. 1.5 variant) for all individuals aged 6 months and older who have been previously vaccinated against COVID-19. The vaccine should be given at least 6 months after the previous COVID-19 vaccine dose or known SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Individuals who have NOT been previously vaccinated, may use the XBB.1.5 containing COVID-19 vaccine to initiate the series.
Co-Administration of COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines
Individuals 6 months and older, may receive a COVID-19 vaccine simultaneously with (i.e., same day), or at any time before or after non-COVID-19 vaccines.
Midtown Pediatrics will not be offering COVID-19 vaccine. Please go to your pharmacy or local public health clinic for this. You can book your COVID vaccine through this portal.
School Immunization Program
The following vaccines are available at School Immunization Program (SIP) clinics:
- Meningococcal vaccine (prevents meningitis)
- Human Papillomavirus vaccine (prevents cancers)
- Hepatitis B vaccine (prevents liver disease and cancer)
These immunizations are administered in school in grade 7. Midtown Pediatrics is rarely supplied with these vaccines because they are meant to be administered in school. Please check with your child’s school if they missed the immunization day or if they are behind for another reason. Alternatively, these immunizations are given in Public Health clinics. Please click here for more information about these vaccines and how to book an appointment through Toronto Public Health.