Some tips to stay safe over the holidays
1. It’s not too late to get your flu and COVID-19 vaccines if you have not yet.
2. The bivalent COVID-19 vaccine is now available to children aged 5 and up.
3. There is no longer a recommendation to wait 2 weeks between COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines in children under 5 years.
4. Wear a mask in crowded public places.
5. Stay home if you’re sick.
6. Don’t forget about good old-fashioned hand-washing.
Getting care over the holidays
1. Midtown Pediatrics is open over the holiday period. Our only closures December 26, 27 and January 2
2. There are some after hours clinics open throughout the holidays:
https://www.nygh.on.ca/coughcoldcovid (infants over 3 months)
https://www.tehn.ca/covid19/clinical-assessment-centre (infants over 4 months)
https://www.womenscollegehospital.ca/covid-19-information/covidcoldflu/ (age 2 years and up)
Some Clinic reminders
1. Masks are still required at Midtown Pediatrics for everyone 2 years and older. Unfortunately we no longer provide masks to those without. Don’t forget to bring your own mask!
2. We are seeing the vast majority of our patients in person. For those few patients who have virtual appointments, please be aware that all virtual appointments are now done by Telus Health Video appointment. You will receive a link via email for your video appointment. When scheduling a virtual appointment, please make sure we have you correct email address. If you do not receive the link, check your junk or spam folders. If you still cannot find the link, please contact us and we will help you trouble shoot or resend the link.
We hope everyone has a meaningful and restorative holiday, despite all the weather and illness challenges.