Important information about immunizations during COVID-19
We hope you are all doing well and staying safe and sane during this stressful time!
The following is an update on immunization services at Midtown Pediatrics during COVID-19.
We wanted to send out a reminder to everyone about the importance of keeping up to date with infant vaccinations. The physical distancing measures are extremely important for flattening the curve and stopping the spread of COVID-19. At the same time, Toronto Public Health has also deemed it essential for infants to receive their routine immunizations.
- We are continuing to offer in-person visits to infants up to 18-months of age so that they can complete their routine immunizations. We are conducting these appointments in the safest way we can by using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), keeping the clinic as empty as possible, and wiping down all surfaces every time a patient leaves a room.
Please consider keeping up to date with your baby’s immunization schedule. If you have any questions, you are welcome to schedule a virtual visit to address your concerns.
- The 4-6-year-old vaccinations (MMR & Tdap-IPV) can be given any time in that interval. They will be required if schools reopen in September. Once our clinic fully reopens, we will accommodate any children who need these vaccinations prior to starting school.
- School-based: hepatitis B, meningococcal-C-ACYW, and HPV
- 14-year-olds, diphtheria, tetanus & pertussis (Tdap)
These can be delayed until clinics are back to normal operation or schools reopen.
To book your appointment, please call or email the clinic.
To maximize everybody’s safety, we ask that:
- Only one adult accompany the child to the appointment.
- If a parent has any fever, cough, shortness of breath, or COVID symptoms, please contact us to arrange for optimal timing of the immunization appointment.
- Wash or sanitize your hands upon entering the clinic.
- Wear a cloth mask.
For all other patients, we are still here for you. Our doctors are working hard and we are seeing everybody else virtually during our regular weekday office hours.
Thank you all for your patience and words of appreciation. We look forward to seeing all of our patients again in person. Until that time, please continue to stay safe, and continue to follow Public Health measures. We are all in this together!
Midtown Pediatrics team