New Flu Shot Clinic Sunday November 7, 2021
DON’T FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS THE NIGHT BEFORE!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are working hard to deliver flu shots as safely and efficiently as possible. We appreciate your patience. Please read through carefully.
A few general points about the Flu shot:
- Flu shots can be given to anyone over 6 months of age.
- The nasal spray is not offered by public health this year.
- All children under 9 years of age receiving the flu shot for the first time must receive 2 doses, at least 4 weeks apart.
For more information about the Flu shot, click here.
If your child has an upcoming check-up appointment in the coming weeks, we may be able to administer a flu shot at that appointment, while supplies last.
1. Flu shots are by appointment only. There will be no walk-ins.
2. We can only offer Flu shots to registered patients (18 year of age and younger) from Midtown Pediatrics.
3. New this year, we will be using self-booking to schedule your Flu shot. Please read carefully to learn how to schedule your child(ren)’s Flu shots.
4. Please book a separate appointment for each child who needs a Flu shot.
5. Please book only one appointment per child.
6. At this time, we are only opening self-booking for our second clinic, Sunday November 7.
- When you enter the booking link, you will see that there are multiple schedules to choose from (ex. Flu Shot Clinic 1, Flu Shot Clinic 2, Flu shot Clinic 3, etc.) These are all completely interchangeable and all take place on the same day.
- If you have multiple children and would like to bring them together, they can be booked at the same time in different Flu Shot Clinic Schedules, ie. 1, 2, and 3. If you cannot find appointments close together for multiple children, you can still bring them at the same time.
- The schedule and available appointments are dynamic. As clinics fill, they will close.
- New clinics will open as we receive more vaccines from public health. If you try to book an appointment and you discover that everything is full, try again a few days later as more clinics will open (and close) over the coming weeks. As more vaccines arrive, more clinic schedules will open.
7. Please click the link at the end of this post to book your Flu Shot Clinic appointment(s).
8. Once you have booked, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email, please check your junk mail.
8. If you book an appointment and then cannot attend, please be sure to go back to your confirmation email and cancel your appointment.
Midtown Pediatrics Flu Shot Clinic protocol
On the morning of your Flu Shot Clinic, you will receive an email with a link to fill out an online COVID-19 screening form. If you do not receive the screening form, please check your junk mail. Please fill out one screening form for each appointment. For example, if you have 3 children getting the Flu shot, then 3 screens must be completed, one for each patient/appointment. THE COVID SCREENING FORM MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOU PRESENT TO THE FLU SHOT CLINIC.
For safety and efficiency, the Flu Shot Clinics will run on a very tight schedule.
- If you have symptoms of COVID, please stay home and reschedule your appointment(s). Please remember to cancel your appointment(s) if you are will not be attending.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes early for your appointment. Late-comers will have to be rescheduled.
- We request that there be no more than one adult per child attending the clinic.
- Masks are required for everyone aged 2 years and over entering the clinic.
- When you arrive, you will be greeted at the clinic entrance. Once you are registered, you will be directed to a room. If there are many people waiting to register, please be patient and wait in our socially distant line up or return downstairs and wait outside.
- Please sanitize hands upon entry to the clinic.
- Families will exit through a different door after their Flu shots.
Other options for Flu Shots
If our clinics are not convenient for you, please note that Toronto Public Health will also be offering Flu shots. Click here for more information.
For children 2 years and older and for parents, Flu shots are also available in pharmacies. Check with individual pharmacies for more information.